Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Instant Teriyaki Chicken

The weather is still very humid. I can't wait for it to disperse. I'm starting to think that the weather is affecting my moods. I seem to have trouble keeping my head up and I'm just very annoyed. I'm upset at my friends. Maybe I just need new people. I am going to try to keep my head up but I just want this humidity to go away.

Book: Not on any book at the moment. Might read something in Spanish but not sure yet.

iTunes: Three Doors - Vast.

Pandora: Never Ever - Ciara. This song actually made me sad.

Quote: If you have God on your side, everything becomes clear. - Ayrton Senna. I hope God is on my side. I know he roots for me but right now things seem so hard. But I still have faith, I hope I haven't faltered in that.

Ingredients:
  1. 2 Tbsp less-sodium soy sauce
  2. 1 1/2 Tbsp honey
  3. 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
  4. 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
  5. 1 tsp Sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
Directions:
  1. Heat broiler to high. Stir soy sauce, honey, and tomato paste in medium bowl. Add chicken and turn to coat all surfaces.
    • I think what I used to cook this was a broiler, not sure. Also I didn't use chicken thighs I used chicken breast. It still tasted good.
  2. Place chicken in ovenproof pan under broiler. Cook about 10 minutes, or until well browned. Flip and brown second side until cooked through, about 4 minutes longer. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using).
    • Did not find Sesame seeds, but I didn't really search much for them. I added quinoa as a side dish. It was missing something. My mother said that the next time I make quinoa to add some salt and olive oil to give it more flavor or taste. It really tasted bland. The chicken was good. I just hope that, that is what chicken teriyaki tastes like. Next time I'm in a Japanese restaurant I will order chicken teriyaki to see if it tasted similar to what I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment