Friday, September 16, 2011

Chicken Salad with Grapes

Sometimes I wonder if I would get in trouble for posting these recipe's. I get them from magazine's, books and other online stuff. I'm not making any money. Just hoping to learn to cook and share my thoughts on food and stuff.

This has been a hectic week. Lots of work and some fun times. Crazy fun times.

Book: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carol. I must say that it is not what I expected. I saw the Disney movie first and so the book version is good but somehow lacks. Crazy I know, for the book is always better but not so sure in this case.

iTunes: Cali=Gari - Tadaima. A Japanese song. The title means I'm home.

Pandora: Tiesto - Love Comes Again (feat. BT). I hope so Tiesto, I really do.

Quote: The trees that are slow to grow bear the best fruit. Moliere

Ingredients:
  1. 2 Cooked chicken breast chopped
  2. 1/2 cup chopped celery
  3. 1/2 scallion, chopped
  4. 2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
  5. 1/2 cup halved seedless red grapes
  6. 2 leaves romaine or red leaf lettuce.
Servings: 2
Per Serving: 227 cal, 28g pro, 10g carb, 1g fiber, 8g fat, 2g sat fat, 205 mg sodium
Directions:
  1. Mix Chicken, celery, scallion, and mayonnaise in large bowl. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Gently fold in grapes.
    • I had my mother cook the chicken for I was very, very tired and lazy. Once the chicken was cooked, I grabbed the celery, scallions, meat and mayonnaise and mixed everything together. I was a bit worried only because celery and scallions together don't sound appealing.
  2. Divide chicken mixture between lettuce leaves, roll up and serve.
    • I did not like the celery and scallion. Everything else was good but I'm not a huge fan of celery to begin with. Though my mother liked it. Veggies are just evil.




Next Time Chocolate Angel Food Cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment