Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cran-Almond Muffins

Don't feel as bubbly as yesterday but that's because I feel a bit lonely. However, it's a good day. I will have a fun night, hopefully. Things will fall into place. I believe it. Truly do.

Book: Bless Me Ultima by Rudolfo Anaya.

iTunes: Talkin' to Myself (feat. Kobe) - Eminem.

Pandora: Anytime - Brian Mcknight. I wonder if I cross any one's mind.

Quote: The only way to have a friend is to be one. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ingredients:
  1. 1 cup all-purpose flour
  2. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  3. 3/4 cup + 2tsp Sugar
  4. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  5. 1/4 tsp salt
  6. 1 large egg
  7. 1/2 cup Milk
  8. 4 Tbsp Butter, melted
  9. 1 tsp Almond extract
  10. 1 2/3 cups whole cranberries
  11. 1 Tbsp butter, cut in 12 cubes
  12. 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  13. 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Servings: 12
Per Serving: 169 cal, 3g pro, 27g carb, 2g fiber, 6g fat, 3.5g sat fat, 143mg sodium
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 375F. Mix flours 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Whisk egg, milk, melted butter, and almond extract in small bowl. Fold into flour mixture. Stir in cranberries.
    • No problems here. I used a whisking thing to mix and the type of sugar I used was Splenda. The recipe didn't specify which type to use but I decided to go for super healthy stuff. Also, it was hard to find cranberries where I live. Don't people eat fruits. I ended up using dried cranberries. It worked but I don't like cranberries to begin with.
  2. Pour batter into muffin pan lined with 12 baking cups. Top each cup with butter cube. Sprinkle muffins with remaining sugar, cinnamon, and almonds (if using). Bake about 22 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
    • I don't think there was enough for 12 baking cups but I managed to spread it out.
    • The sliced almonds tasted a bit stale. Not as awesome as regular almonds.
    • This was a good breakfast. My parents ate it with coffee and I just pulled out the cranberries and enjoyed the rest of it.



Next time will be Chicken salad with grapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment