Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chicken Panini

My cat is sick, again. I'm worried and upset that she is sick again. Sigh. I thought things were getting better. I guess not.

Book: Still on Stephen King's The Stand.

iTunes: Method Man - I'll be there for you/You're all I need to get by. Love this song.

Pandora: Killswitch Engage - The End of Heartache. Such a great song. This song just speaks to me every time that I hear it.

Quote: The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook. - William James 

Ingredients:
  1. 6oz sliced low-fat swill
  2. 4oz sliced reduced-sodium black forest deli ham
  3. 4oz sliced reduced-sodium deli chicken breast
  4. 4 whole wheat rolls (12oz total), sliced and gutted
  5. 1/2 cup marinara sauce, heated.

Servings: 4
Nutrition: 300 cal, 29g pro, 34g carb, 5g fiber, 6g fat, 2g sat fat, 872mg sodium
Directions:
  1. Heat lightly oiled grill or panini press to medium heat (or use a grill pan).
    • I used the George Foreman Grill and oiled the bread instead of the pan.
  2. Divide cheese, ham and chicken envenly among rolls, starting and ending with cheese.
    • The chicken was home made and I ended shredding it for no reason other than that it seemed like a good idea at the time.
  3. Close sandwiches and girll, flipping and pressing them with spatula if necessary, until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, about 5 minutes total.
    • I didn't have to wait too long because the George Foreman grill  cooked both sides evenly.
  4. Halve sandwiches and serve with Marinara sauce for dipping.
    • This was really good. Something quick if you buy the chicken from the deli or you already have some cooked chicken leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment