Monday, August 29, 2011

Cheesecake Tart

Today is about getting my mind in order. I must organize my goals and try to accomplish what I can in a timely fashion and also create a budget to be able to have fun and not worry I'm not saving anything. There is so much I want to do but I am unable to due to lack funds or organization.

I had many problems making this cheesecake tart. One of the main problems was that my niece is over and she requires so much attention. It was so hard to be able to make this and make sure she wasn't destroying the house or herself.

Book: Still on The Stand by Stephen King. I think I have about 300 pages left or so. I hope to be done by this week or so.

iTunes: Drake - Karaoke.

Pandora: Leonard Cohen - Chelsea Hotel No. 2

Quote of the Day: Intense love does not measure, it just gives. - Mother Teresa

Ingredients:
  1. 4 tbsp apricot jelly
  2. 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
  3. 3 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
  4. 1 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
  5. 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
  6. 3 tbsp cornstarch
  7. 2 Tbsp lime or lemon juice
  8. 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
  9. 3 cups fruit, such as raspberries or blueberries.

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Coat 10" pie plate with cooking spray. Melt 3 tablespoons of the jelly in small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat, add crumbs, and mix well. Press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate to make crust.
    • We had not cooking spray. I don't know where it went so I used regular oil. I used the food processor to turn the Graham crackers into crumbs. No problems here.
  2. Place ricotta in a bowl of food processor and blend until very smooth. Add yogurt, sugar, cornstarch, lime juice, and vanilla extract. Process 30 seconds, or until well mixed. Pour into prepared crust.
    • This is when things went hazy. My niece was running in and out of the kitchen for some reason. She was just being a pain. Then the ricotta wasn't blending, I had to do it by hand and I forgot to add the vanilla extract. A huge fail on my part but I was highly annoyed with my niece and mom at this point.
  3. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate at least 3 hours. Just before serving, melt remaining jelly in small microwavable bowl. Arrange fruit on top of cheesecake. Brush fruit with melted Jelly.
    • It tastes okay but I feel like it really needed the vanilla extract. You could tell something was missing. Definitely needs to be remade and hopefully with better equipment to make the ricotta cheese come out smooth. I think my mom said she would buy something to help me make it smooth.

Not sure what is next but I hope its good.

No comments:

Post a Comment