Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tortellini Pasta Salad

I have stopped exercising. I am going to force myself to do bicycle today along with some sit ups and push ups. I guess is because I have a lot on my mind and no outlet or just tired of everything and everyone that I just want to sleep it all away. Also my schedule is changing; I now have a job and do volunteer hours. In addition summer is coming. It’s hard to muster the desire to work out in the heat but I must. I want to get to the weight my height is supposed to be at. I think I have 15 more pounds to go. Not sure if I will reach it but I’d like to think it’s possible.
I think I have also stopped exercising because summer is here. I don’t have a flat iron for my hair. I use a hair blower but my hair is damaged and thin. My mother is going to buy me vitamins to help and other things. I will blow out my hair less this summer. Just have to find a way to get my bangs out straight and then I think it will be ok. Though, I have been tempted to let my bangs grow out and just cut them again once the fall appears, but I really like how I look with bangs. Dilemma.
Book: Killing Yourself to Live: 85% of a True Story by Chuck Klosterman. Only twenty pages left and I will be done with it. It’s a great nonfiction novel.
iTunes: Theme for Scanty & Knee socks – Teddyloid. This song was taken from an anime called Panty and Stocking with Garter belt. I think it’s a parody anime. It was funny and I thought it had a great soundtrack which I had to hunt and download. This is the theme song for the nemesis of Panty and Stockings, which are two demon sisters bent on taking down the angelic sisters. It was a funny show.
Pandora: Mathematics – Mos Def. I have never heard this song before. Was not feeling it at this time, maybe if I heard it on another occasion I would be more into it.
Quote: Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What’s a sundial in the shade? – Benjamin Franklin. I shall try to remember these words and hopefully make use of my talents, whatever they may be.
Ingredients:
  1. 1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated tricolor cheese tortellini
  2. 2 cups trimmed sugar snap peas
  3. 2 Tbsp pesto
  4. 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  5. 40 black olives, chopped
  6. 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
Serves: 4
Per serving: 316 Cal, 13 g pro, 42g carb, 5g fiber, 12 g fat, 4 g sat fat, 632 mg sodium.
















Directions:
  1. Place tortellini in large pot of boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add peas and cook 3 more minutes, or until crisp-tender.
    • I did not add any salt to the boiling water. It's cheese filled Tortellini, it has enough salt.
    • As soon as the water boiled I added the tortellini and kept stirring for 5 minutes. Be careful when adding the tortellini, I almost burned myself. After the five minutes, I  added the peas. Well I couldn't find any sugar snap peas so I substituted for French cute green beans. It seemed to work well with the food.
  2. Drain pasta and peas. Rinse with cold water. Place in large bowl and toss with pesto. Gently fold in tomatoes, olives, and pepper. Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
    • I had my mother drain the pasta because I didn't want to get burned. Then, I opened the faucet and let cold water run over it. Then poured into a large thing, that I can't remember what it's called, and added pesto to it. With a large spoon I mixed the tortellini until it seemed to be completely covered.
    • I had forgotten to cut the cherry tomatoes and so I went and cut them in half. I didn't add olives because no one in my family likes olives. I also forgot to add any basil but it was fine without it.  
 Everyone in my family loved it. My sister was over that day and she was very impressed. I, as well, was enjoying the taste of this salad. Afterwards, didn't feel much hunger. I also took many pictures to make up for my missing pic in the last post.

No comments:

Post a Comment