Monday, May 23, 2011

Chocolate Chip Pancakes

You may be thinking "Chocolate chip pancakes for Diabetics?" I thought the same thing when I read the recipe but this recipe is geared towards us that are fighting to remain in control of our bodies. I may not be diabetic but it runs in my family and I want to put it off as long as I can.

Book: Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris. It's much better than the last book which was all over the place. Too much was happening and then the resolution was just pretty bad, almost how the Odyssey ends, with Athena waving her hand and making all the angry parents be completely fine with the fact that most of their children are dead. I think there will be one more book and then the author will end the series. I certainly hope so because how many things can happen to Sookie. How is she not dead after all the things that happen to her?

iTunes: Delerium Feat. Sarah McLachlan (DJ Tiesto in Search of Sunrise Edit). I have the original along with this mix. The original is slower and has more darker overtones, symbolizing the struggle to find inner peace. Something that not all of find and what plagues me. Whenever the mix by Tiesto pops up I like to picture myself running, trying to get to peace. What I also like about the mix is that it’s very upbeat and I think that many people try to smile and pretend to be okay, while they are secretly suffering. There is a moment when that suffering peaks through in the song before it gets covered up again by the upbeat sound.

Pandora: Killswitch Engage - Hope is... I think this is life telling me not to lose hope. Never lose hope. It's what we fight with when all else is lost. I think Pandora tells that to Kratos in the third God of War game. Something I used to believe and I must keep believing.

Quote: What worries you, masters you. – John Locke. I am experiencing that at the moment.

Ingredients
  1. 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
  2. 2/3 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  3. 1/3 cup cornmeal
  4. 1 Tbsp baking powder
  5. 1/2 tsp baking soda
  6. 2 Cups nonfat vanilla yogurt
  7. 3/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
  8. 3 Cups semisweet mini chocolate chips
  9. 2 Tbsp canola oil
  10. 3/4 cup nondairy whipped topping
Directions
  1. Combine flours, cornmeal, baking powder, and baking soda in large bowl. Stir in yogurt, egg subtstitute, chocolate chips, and oil.
    • I didn't follow the amounts they posted. According to the recipe it serves 12 people. There are only three cats in here. I halved everything. Also I only used one cup of semisweet mini chocolate chips. I didn't like too much how they tasted.
  2. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium heat.
    • No rocket science here.
  3. Spoon two tablespoons of the batter into skillet to form each pancake. Cook pancakes two minutes, or until bubbles appear on surface and edges set. Flip and cook two more minutes, or until lightly browned. Repeat with remaining batter to form 48 silver dollar pancakes. Top pancakes with whipped topping.
    • Instead of making silver dollar pancakes I just made regular pancakes. Two for me and one for my mother and one for my father. I didn't like how they tasted at the end. It was good but eating two of the pancakes became too much. It was incredibly sweet. At the end of one I didn't want to eat anymore. I grew tired of the sweetness. Maybe if we had the whipped topping it could have helped. I didn't buy whipped topping because we never use it but maybe it would have enhanced the taste or something. My father loved it. I wasn't a huge fan but he was. Maybe I should put less semisweet mini chocolate chips next time. Or just have the whipped topping.


No comments:

Post a Comment