Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pomegranate-Strawberry Smoothie!

Another long wait for another post. Though I wonder if anyone reads this. I just hope people can come across it. I am trying to force myself to write more.

Book: Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. Great book. It took me a while to finish it but great book. An interesting way to learn about the history of philosophy. At least its somewhere you can begin if you are thinking of getting into philosophy.

iTunes: Zelenoglazoe Taksi - Oleg Kvasha. I first heard this song on GTA IV. Great song. Don't know what they are saying but look it up. According to Wikipedia the title translates as Greeneyed Taxi and its a club remix. I love playing the game and driving around to this song. Also when it comes on my iPod, its fun to walk to it. If anyone can tell me what they are saying it would be nice. As for the song being randomly chosen, I think I just need to dance the stress away. Like I mentioned, I don't know what the song says.

Pandora: Please don't go - Tank. I have never heard of Tank or of this song. A sad song. I feel like a lot of friends are drifting away from me, but I think the good ones are staying with me through all my crazy shit. I don't want to lose friends but maybe its needed, despite how much I try to fight it.

Quote of this post: Life is both sad and solemn. We are let into a wonderful world, we meet one another here, greet each other-and wander together for a brief moment. Then we lose each other and disappear as suddenly and unreasonably as we arrived. - From Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder. I think its better when I use quotes from the books I'm reading though I might not always find something. Especially if I am reading a science fiction or fantasy book. I'm personally tired of losing people.
Ingredients:
  1. 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
  2. 2 tsp honey
  3. 2/3 cup of frozen unsweetened strawberries
  4. 2 tbsp fat-free Greek
  5. 1 tbsp flax seed oil/Olive Oil
  6. 4 ice cubes
Directions:
  1. Mix juice and honey in a small cup. Whisk to dissolve honey completely.
    • I used a small bowl and mixed the juice and honey with a spoon. I stirred and stirred until the honey seemed to have dissolved. At first, I was worried that the honey wasn't going to dissolve, but after a stirring for a bit it did.
  2. Combine strawberries, yogurt, oil, ice cubes and pomegranate mixture in blender. Make sure the ice is crushed and the smoothie ends up thick and smooth. Or until you find it to your taste.
    • The recipe calls for flax seed oil, but I don't know what that is and I never found it in the supermarket. Olive oil seemed like a good substitute and in the end, it tasted great.  I'm not sure if the strawberries I used were unsweetened but I used fresh Strawberries with nothing added extra to them. I just washed them and removed the leafy part on top. We have a ten speed blender. I warmed it up with the setting called chopping and then onto the blend setting and finally set it on ice crush to make sure the ice was crushed and mixed in with the juice and other stuff. Once it looked smooth enough I stopped it and served it to my mom and dad. Both highly enjoyed it. I have been making it over and over again.

I had tried to become a member of the website diabetes.prevention.com but I didn't like the fact that they asked for so much information. I want to try to stay somewhat anonymous. Though I have been toying with the idea of just coming out and posting my own picture. It might help people more if they can connect with me and a face. I don't know yet. We'll see what the future holds in store for me. But I hope people out there are trying these recipes. And remember to drink plenty of water, sleep, and excercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment