Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Brownie Bites

I have been feeling a bit down lately. Also procrastinating horribly. There are some things I keep putting off. Things that I have to take care of, bank stuff. I don't know why I am putting this off. It's important. I have to also make a doctor's appointment for a general check up and flu shot. Then one for the dentist, but I fear going to the dentist. At least I know that it is the reason why I am putting this off. It seems that I need to light a fire under my feet or something. What can I do to combat myself and this laziness I have let overpower me?

Book: Doña Barbara by Romulo Gallegos. Very slowly getting through this book. Still in the beginning where place and characters are being slowly established. I will not give this up though. I must get through this novel and improve my Spanish.

iTunes: Lady Gaga - Paparazzi.

Pandora: Portishead - Revenge of the Number. It would be interesting if someone could mix these two songs together. Somehow. Actually, not sure how they would mesh. Hence why I am not a dj.

Quote: Lend yourself to others, but give yourself to yourself. - Michel de Montaigne

Ingredients:
  1. 2/3 cup flour
  2. 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  3. 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  4. 1 teaspoon baking powder
  5. 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  6. 1/4 teaspoon salt
  7. 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  8. 1/4 cup prune butter
  9. 2 tablespoons plain fat free yogurt
  10. 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
  11. 2 large egg whites
  12. 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
  13. 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8 inch square baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
    • I actually turn on the oven on for last, so as not to waste gas.
  2. Stir together flour, cocoa powder, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
    • No problems, just worried it wont taste good. Considering that the last desert was a bust. I still blame the unsweetened cocoa powder for the failed chocolate angel food cake.
  3. Beat together brown sugar, prune butter, yogurt, oil, and egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer. Stir in flour mixture just until combined.
    • We did not use prune butter. If it had been bought it would have gone to waste. Though, now that I think about it, I have a feeling my mom would have used it, since she eats prunes every now and then.
    • I forgot to take a picture of this step.
  4. Pour batter into pan. Scatter chocolate chips and walnuts on top of batter. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out with some crumbs sticking to it, and sides of brownie begin to pull away from pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 small brownies.
    • I did not buy walnuts. I was hoping to use almonds left over but my mom had thrown them out. So only chocolate chips were used.


It tasted great. Surprisingly sweet, though I think that was because of the amount of sugar used. It doesn't taste as great as regular brownies but it is still good. Great for if you want a chocolate snack and are watching what you are eating, but don't eat the entire pan, because then it's not helping. Unless you had a bad day and it has to be a really bad day. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment