Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Chocolate-Zucchini Snack Cake

To be honest, I didn't wait until my birthday. I went back onto Facebook today. Posted some stuff. Some friends commented. The one I was searching for, of course, is evading me. But unlike before I am not seeking him. Everything is just destroyed between us and is irreparable. It makes me sad, but I hope he is well and that he finds what he is looking for. There is so much potential there that is just being wasted. I will take the memories of our good times and keep them in my heart.
iTunes: Body Crumbles - Dry Cell. This song is from the Queen of the Damned movie. Favorite line in the song is when he says "I don't know if I'll be alright."
Pandora: Regulate - Warren G. At first when I saw the name, it didn't seem familiar but hearing the song and the beat I remember hearing this before. I like the flow of the song. It's laid back and no jarring sound or lyric breaks the flow.
Book: Blue Moon by Laurell K. Hamilton. Its pretty good. Actually I was more excited to find this peace prayer pamphlet I had inside the book. I got in High School and I loved reading it. Especially of taking a couple of minutes to myself to pray for peace and reflect on peace. I am picking this up again.
Ingredients:
1.      1 ¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour
2.      1 ½ tsp baking powder
3.      ½ tsp baking soda
4.      ¼ tsp salt
5.      2 eggs
6.      ½ cup sugar
7.      ½ cup low fat vanilla yogurt
8.      1/3 cup canola oil
9.      1 tsp vanilla extract
10.  1 ½ cups shredded zucchini
11.  3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Servings: 12
Per serving: 361 cal, 5g pro, 47g carb, 4g fiber, 20g fat, 8g sat fat, 175mg sodium











Directions:
1.      Preheat oven to 350̊F. Coat 11” x 7” baking pan with cooking spray.
2.      Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl.
3.      Whisk eggs, sugar yogurt, oil and vanilla extract in another bowl. Whisk in zucchini and 1 ½ cups of the chocolate chips. Stir into flour mixture until just blended. Spread in pan and bake 30 minutes, or until lightly browned and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. 
  • I'm not even sure the thing we got was an actual zucchini but I used it anyways.
4.      Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining chips over cake. Spread with small spatula as they melt to form icing, placing back into warm oven, if needed or 1 minute.
5.      Taste: It was light and fluffy. The chocolate was slightly bitter. A weird taste was found due to the zucchini, but it wasn’t a bad weird. You could definitely taste the shredded zucchini and it was great. I went back for a second small piece. My father says he loved it and my mother as well found it good. She also found the taste weird but not unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment