Thursday, March 3, 2011

Raisin Oat Scones

A new color and font. I also changed the name slightly. I think it sounds better. Those are the changes I made for this month. I think that every month, I'll do some slight changes. I also realized that I haven't posted how many it should serve or the prep time or cooking time. Something I'll have to remedy when I post the next recipe I make.

This week wasn't as trying as I feared. But that's because a good portion of the craziness has been postponed to next week. Lord give me strength.

Book: Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Still with it. Great novel.

iTunes: Janet Jackson - Go Deep. Fun song to get dressed to. Could it be that the universe is telling me to have fun? I will try to have fun but I will be on guard as well.

Pandora: Rent (Original Broadway Cast) - Light My Candle. A flirty song but for who.

Since it is still the same week, no new quote.

Ingredients:
  1. Cooking Spray
  2. 1 cup all-purpose flour
  3. 3 tablespoons splenda
  4. 2 tablespoons of baking powder
  5. pinch of salt
  6. 1/2 cup of oats
  7. 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine, chopped into small pieces
  8. 3/4 cup raisins, chopped into small pieces
  9. 1 egg
  10. 1/4 cup very cold buttermilk
  11. 1/4 cup plain fat-free yoturt
  12. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Serves: 8
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cooking Time 15-18 mins.

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 F and lightly coat a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
  2. Sift into a large bowl the flour, splenda, baking powder, and salt. Add oats and mix well.
  3. Work the butter into the flour mixture with your ahnds, rubbing the butter and flour between your fingers until it looks like coarse bread crumbs. Add the chopped raisins. Mix to combine.
  4. In a separate bowl, thoroughly whisk the egg, buttermilk, yogurt, and vanilla until slightly frothy.
  5. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture. Stir just until the ingredients come together in a soft, wet dough. Let the dough sit for one minute, then turn the dough out onto a floured work surface.
  6. Knead the dough gently with your fingertips to form a ball. With a floured rolling pin, gently flatten teh dough into a sheet 3/4 inch thick. Fold the dough in half and gently roll again into a 3/4 inch sheet. Repeat the gentle fold and roll procedure two more times.
  7. With a sharp knife, trim the edges of the dough to make a square. Cut the dough in half vertically then horizontally to make four quarters. Cut the dough diagonally both ways to make 8 triangles. Cut each triangle in half to make a total of 16 small triangular scones.
  8. With a spatual, gently lift the scones, still attached to each other, onto the cookie sheet. Bake 15 to 18 mins. until golden. Cool and serve.
I hate raisins. But I posted the recipe, just in case one of you guys wanted to try it. I think this might be the last recipe I post, that I don't make. I'll let you know the name of the recipe I am skipping but I think from now on I'll just post on the ones I try.

No comments:

Post a Comment