Monday, March 14, 2011

EXERCISE

This isn't a new post about food, just one concerning exercise. Every now and then I will post something pertaining to Diabetes that I know or heard from what I believe to be a credible source. I'm thinking of subscribing to "Diabetes Forecast," it may contain some useful information on the fight to control Diabetes. I found the magazine while checking out the website http://www.diabetes.org/. I haven't checked out all aspects of the website but it seemed interesting. Also if you have questions about diabetes, don’t hesitate to go to your doctor and ask. There might be classes or seminars, you can attend.

Pandora: Delerium - Just a dream (feat. Margaret Far.) Had never heard this song before, it’s very soft and melodic. I think those could be terms used to describe the song. "I still hear your voice from across the horizon." I love that line.

iTunes: Final Fantasy X - Suteki da ne. Such a beautiful song. I find it amazing that when I put my music on shuffle, I sometimes get a song that mirrors what is on my mind so perfectly. Look it up and you'll know the state of my mind when you find the translation.

Quote: Draaga, the real test of honor isn't how you die. It's how you live. - Superman on Justice League. I think I'll do away with the quote of the day and of the week. When I post an update, I'll just include a quote of something I heard or read that day I am posting. It's a great quote but I think that I have heard something like this somewhere else.

Book: Still on Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, near the end, I had stopped reading but will finish it this week.


Diabetes, the main point of this blog is to prepare meals that will help you keep your diabetes under control or at least not to aggravate it. You must understand that you have to keep taking your medication and to keep the portions of your meal at an agreeable serving. If you can help it, don't go back for a second serving. This may sound cruel or mean but eating small portions will help. I am not suggesting that you starve yourself but eat with moderation. Also, and I consider this to be very important, you must exercise. If you have the time, walk for 30 minutes a day, or go to the gym and get on the treadmill. I have a bicycle at home and 3 or 4 times a week, I do 30 mins, while watching my favorite shows. It helps. Exercise helps keep my mother's sugar levels low.

I cannot stress how important I consider exercise to be. I feel better after having walked or done my 30 minutes. More relaxed, happy and loose. Not stiff, I mean. Also, by walking, one gets to see interesting things. It could be a new store you hadn't noticed before. Slight changes made in the environment or you may see something funny. But you'll feel better after having stretched your legs. Don't we spend enough time sitting down at home or work? Explore a new neighborhood, find cute little stores that may sell knickknacks that amuse you. Learn the town, city or place where you live. Don't walk at night because that's when crazy things happen. Though they could happen during the day as well but I think during the day, it will be better.

Now I know many of you will be busy with work, children and stuff. But you HAVE to find a way to sneak in some form of exercise. Say that you have the equipment at home, watch your children's favorite cartoon with them, except you will be on the machine or try to get the entire family to work out if you have purchased a DVD. I am not sure how effective those things are but it might be fun. How about you spend the afternoon taking a stroll with everyone in the family? It doesn’t have to be every day, but at least on the weekend some form or exercise should be present. Don't give in to the laziness, which I battle almost every day. Don't say I'm tired, I'm tired. Everyone is tired but a bit of exercise will go a long way. And if you are always tired maybe you should go to the doctor. Maybe something they can do or give you.

Hope you enjoyed reading this. Next post will include the banana pancakes and any crazy thought that crosses my mind.

- Annie

ps. Before you do any form or exercise you should go to the doctor's and have a physical so you can time yourself and set a healthy pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment