Saturday, July 9, 2011

New Color and Update

The color for the month of July will be a shade of orange. Not sure why but this month makes me think of that color. It is not narrowed down to a specific shade of orange. Maybe because July can get so hot. So I guess I associate orange with heat.

So far it has been a good week. My birthday passed. It was okay. Spent most of the day with family and then later on with friends. Many people wished me a HBD. A few dared to come out. I was disappointed that two people didn't show but that is life and I was thankful for those who were there.

Unfortunately I won't be able to post meals for a bit. Not because I don't want to or am taking a vacation from this blog. That is not the case. The problem is the lack of funds at home. Money is tight this month. Hopefully it will be resolved quickly. I don't know when but I hope and pray for it.

Book: A Kiss of Shadows by Laurell K. Hamilton. I didn't want to restart this series but I haven't gotten the next book on the Anita Blake series.

iTunes: Casta Diva (extrait de l'opera Norma) - Angela Gheorghiu/ London Symphony/ Orchestra. This is from the 2046 movie soundtrack. Great song and an amazing movie. One that I would recommend but keep in mind that its the third movie in a trilogy. Also the director's style might be confusing.

Pandora: Making Christmas - Danny Elfman. From the soundtrack of A Nightmare Before Christmas. An amazing movie that I love watching over and over. I think everyone should go see it if they haven't.

Quote: “...human beings are not born once and for all on the day their mothers give birth to them, but...life obliges them over and over again to give birth to themselves.” - Gabriel Garcia Marquez. I found this to be so true and beautiful. We have to continue giving birth to ourselves or else we will drown. I need to read some of his stuff. Its on my to-do list.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment